Bridgepointe Therapy provides individual therapy and family therapy to children (8 years and older), teens and parents who are members of adoptive families (international, domestic, and foster), pre-adopt families, and foster or kinship families.
Concerns that are commonly addressed in counseling at Bridgepointe Therapy include the following:
- family relationship issues
- sharing information with your child about his or her history and birth family
- peer relationship issues and poor social skills
- anxiety or excessive worrying
- depression and suicidal thoughts
- anger or aggression
- self-esteem and identity
- trauma and post-traumatic stress
- grief and loss related to adoption, and losses of people or pets
- school difficulties
- transracial adoption issues
- preparing to adopt or adjustment to adoption
- adoption search and reunion with birth family
- helping parents better understand developmental trauma and impact of adoption
- coaching parents on using therapeutic parenting strategies
- supporting parents in bonding and their feelings toward their adopted child
Emily also offers ongoing video counseling sessions and one-time video consultations to older children, teens and parents in adoptive families who reside in Greenville, Columbia, Rock Hill, Hilton Head and throughout South Carolina.
Contact Emily to learn more about how she addresses adoption-related topics.